Christmas, the most important day for the Americans and rest of the world is almost around the corner! Yes, you heard it right Christmas is just a week away and people are going crazy over the deals, busy with the preps and are already ready with the Christmas decors.
And, there is something which makes people excited always during this part of the year and that is nothing but the Christmas feast. But,there are many such dishes which take a lot of time to get prepared and the process of preparation is stressful as well.
However, there are some recipes which look impressive and even quite easy to prepare. From the appetizers to the main course to desserts and finally to the drinks, these recipes will make your holiday special like never before!
Let’s start off with a listicle of such delicious dishes!
1.Pears with Blue Cheese and Prosciutto
If you got some extra time to spare then you can put together these sweet and salty treats. The salty prosciutto and the classic combo of blue cheese and pears will surely excite your taste buds.
- 2 pears
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup arugula
- 3 ounces of blue cheese
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut in half length.
How To Make
- Take a large bowl and toss pears with lemon juice in it.
- Then add a layer of sliced pears along with an arugula leaf over it
- Next, go for the final touch with a piece of cheese and prosciutto.
- Roll it up.
2.Glazed Ham with Coriander and Fennel
This is the best dish to start off your main course and it takes around two hours to get prepared.
- 7-pound fully cooked bone-in ham
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 cup apricot preserves
How To Make
- Preheat the oven to 3750 F and place the ham, cut side down on the roasting pan. Then cover it with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Meanwhile, in a heavy pan, crush the fennel seeds, coriander, and peppercorns. Combine them with the apricot preserves to form a glaze.
- Take out the ham and brush 1/4 cup of glaze over it and bake it again without covering it for 20 minutes. Then, take out the ham and again brush it with 1/4 cup glaze and bake it for another 15-20 minutes. At last, take it out and make thin slices and serve it with the remaining glaze.
3.Roasted Tarragon Lamb with Butter Beans
This isn’t any ordinary lamb dish which you make very often. In fact, it is more tastier because in it the meat is rubbed with garlic and the tarragon mixture makes it very delicious.
- 1 1/4 pounds top-round lamb
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped.
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 15-ounce cans butter beans rinsed
How To Make
- Preheat the oven to 4000 F, then season the lamb with 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper and place in a roasting pan. Now, take a small bowl and combine garlic, tarragon with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and rub it over the lamb.
- Now, roast the lamb for 25-30minutes then transfer it to cutting board and before slicing it set it aside for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet then add onions to it and cook for about 4 minutes until it gets soft. At last add beans, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and cook for another 3-4 minutes and serve it with the lamb.
4. Butterscotch Bananas with Vanilla Ice Cream
Last but not the least, here is the star of the evening. Take your ordinary banana and vanilla ice cream recipe to a whole new level with this butterscotch bananas with the infused pecans and dark rum. I am sure this will definitely steal everyone’s heart away!
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 2 pints vanilla ice-cream
How To Make
- Preheat the oven to 3750 F and spread the pecans on a baking sheet and bake for 5-6 minutes, then chop it roughly. Now, melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat and add sugar and cinnamon. Next, whisk it occasionally until it gets smooth.
- Finally, add bananas and gently stir it. Remove from the heat and add rum. Now, carefully ignite the rum with a matchstick and wait until the flames goes out. Insert pecans and serve the banana sauce over the ice cream.
Go Try and Taste Some!
Well, these recipes might have filled your mouth with water. Right? So, be assure that these dishes will certainly make your guests happy in the Christmas party and they will go home with a big smile on their faces. So what are you waiting for? Go and start collecting your ingredients!